Pump organ

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:25:57 -0600

For restoration references, check out my website:
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com and clip on Pump Organs Restored.

The main thing to look for, are some of the usual things in pianos -
condition of the cabinet, how well does the keys move (no pulley keys,
etc). To the best you can tell, do all the stop knobs do something; do
both pedals pump and work; can you pump both pedals and press any key
down - does the note sound for at least 5 seconds. As each speaking stop
(Diapason, Flute, etc. (names typical of modern organ stops)) is pulled
out, do all the notes sound. Sometimes, there are several non-speaking
stops: couplers, fortes, vox humana, etc.

If you wish I can send you the history of the organ company.

If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ