Agraff Torque

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:53:44 -0600

> I guess my question is how tight do these need to be
> torqued down…what’s the rule? And, as the thing approaches the
> “appropriate” tightness, and, the alignment is off several degrees,
> which is the better approach….the little washers or using a hollow mill.

I like them cranked about 45° past snug. You don't need either
washers or the end mill for alignment. The undercut shoulder of the
agraffe gives you plenty of "give" to adjust a few degrees. Have a
few more agraffes handy than you need, and try agraffes in each hole
until you get an alignment (at snug) that you like, then go to the
next hole. Agraffes that won't line up right in one hole almost
surely will in another. Then go back and tighten them all down to
final alignment. Takes less than an hour total.

Ron N