Agraff Torque

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey@marshall.edu
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:52:36 -0500

Lists,

I've had the occasion recently to install new agraffs in a big Baldwin
I'm rebuilding and a question comes to mind I'd like toss out.

The agraffs I removed were surprisingly easy to get out. Almost as if
they were not really tight to start with or perhaps they loosened after
installation. I guess my question is how tight do these need to be
torqued down...what's the rule? And, as the thing approaches the
"appropriate" tightness, and, the alignment is off several degrees,
which is the better approach....the little washers or using a hollow
mill.

Clearly, there is a little gap in my knowledge/skills, agraff wise.

Your wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT

Piano Technician Sr.