shank strike weights

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:54:51 -0600

Mark,
check out http://www.spurlocktools.com/id35.htm

That's what you do when you can't match varying hammer weights with
varying shank weights to get a good average.

I think Stanwood reaches deeper into the action.  After all wood in
the whippens can can be different dimensions and weight too.  I think
he uses springs.  Then there's overweighted keys and misplaced capstans etc.

Andrew Anderson