JIV-jumping into voicing

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:06:09 EST

Avery
  Well Yes .... & no. I have often pitched the idea  to In home service
clients or prospective rebuild clients that something else  needs to be done.  This
is what I call planting the seed.  This  is  a great tool  if I'm on the run
& don't have time right then  but, I haven't ignored the problem . Money &
improvements will be  made at a later tuning or date.
   After talking with Bill Spurlock about a recent  one day piano service
seminar I'm convinced that many just continue to learn  & never apply basic piano
service ie. Raise the blooming hammer line to  readjust the feeling of after
touch... set let-off ...what a novel  Idea.
  Forgive my sarcasm but  I believe that most  capstan tools are in a non use
section of the tool box. I live in an area  where there many tuners & most my
friends but  most do not sell service  &  rarely improve the piano. I'm the
one who always gets the  calls  Ie. how do I fix a loose sustain pedal on a
Steinway. This from a 30  plus year veteran who has worked at a schooll where
there are many  Steinways.
 What's that tell ya.  Sheesh.
  Dale

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately though, that's where the "immediate" money is. Besides  all
those who
don't know how to do it and are afraid to  learn!

Avery