Ozone for mouse pee on keys.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:43:02 -0800 (PST)

Well, I can still see ozone as a good way to get odor
out of mouse-pee'd on keys, after they have been
physically cleaned as much as possible. Keybeds can be
scrubbed, rinsed and painted, but keys ( obviously )
suffer more damage if this approach is used. As they
keys and keybed are the #1 spot for direct
contamination, much could be done to mitigate odors by
focusing on this area.
     Thump

P.S. I also do keyrails, and if the original pins are
OK< put soda straws over them and spray-paint the
rails aftera  thorough washing and drying, to seal in
as much odor as possible. If this was done after
bagging the keyframe and bed and ozoning it, I imagine
that as much mitigation would ensue as possible.
     Short of buying a  new piano, of course!.