Fwd: Re: Ozone generator questions for piano repair.

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:40:09 -0700

Tom,

     No correction needed. Glad to hear more about what happened with some
of these pianos, from the marketing standpoint. What I was referring to was
the ozone treatment that was used on quite a few units. What I heard, as a
dealer back then, was that the fire affected a couple of areas, including a
storage area (with wrapped units) and others. There was an ozone treatment
performed on a bunch of pianos, and several were shipped out. I had a
couple, myself, which I promptly returned do to discoloration of the
strings and other problems, caused by the treatment.
My two remaining brain cells haven't retained any other details form this
incident, but further (including very recent) research has convinced me
that blasting with ozone, although effective, is not a good idea. The
operation was a success, but the patient died, kinda thing. For mold, there
are other effective measures.

Thanks again, Tom,
Guy