casters

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:13:09 -0500

What do you mean by "the maximum allowable depth"? The few sets I have
installed, I have been able to route out enough depth to get the piano to it
original height. Most often the wood in the area of the casters is several
inches thick - more than enough to make up for the potentially taller
Darnell caster wheel - or so my experience has been.

I route out the full turning radius for the caster. The original caster was
likely completely under the bottom of the piano. But yes, if you want to
maintain original piano height, you need to route out a
several-inch-diameter hole for the caster top to rotate.

Make sense?

Terry Farrell