Bone/Ivory keytop replacement source

rufy@rcn.com rufy@rcn.com
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:25:15 -0500

I suggest refusing to do it. It sickens me that so many in our trade cater
to those who believe it is right to celebrate the slaughter of magnificent
animals for their two front teeth. Even if it happened over a century ago,
it was never right, and we are wrong to condone or prolong this fetish.

Joseph Giandalone, RPT

Conway, MA

From: Frank Jahnke <jahnke@fmjassoc.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:27:28 -0800
To: SooperTooner@aol.com
Cc: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Bone/Ivory keytop replacement source

There is also Yvonne Ashmore in Grass Valley, CA.  She has both legal
ivory and bone, and works almost exclusively on keys and their covering.
She is also a wonderful woman of impeccable integrity.
I'm loath to put her contact info on a public list, so please see
http://www.ptg.org/chapters.php?Chapter=956&action=list&PHPSESSID=3ef0271eeb
714e939aaf8c91cdce3b82
I hope that's at least a bit better.

Frank Jahnke