plate pin

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:02:13 -0500

My recommendation would be to get a new hitch pin and see if it fits snugly
(with some tapping) into the hole. If it does, you are all set - pound it in
(with a low-mass hammer) and bend like original.

If the fit is loose, then you simply need to find some steel rod of diameter
large enough to either fit snugly into hole, or drill the hole out a bit for
a proper fit (don't go through soundboard!).

This repair is not as difficult or high-tech as one may think. Simply make
the hole the right size for whatever hunk of steel rod you have, cut to
length, tap in, bend over, maybe touchup with paint if you want, install
string.

Oh, and collect check!

Terry Farrell