First images of Overs no. 6

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:32:04 -0700

At 07:51 PM 11/8/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hmmmmm. I had the assumption that a new piano design incorporated a new
>design for a plate to compliment the rest of the belly....
>
>Terry Farrell
Yeah, but.... consider where the fish lies under the plate. How important
is the mass of plate around the hitch pin field in that area?
I don't know, but it seems like it may be better (stronger) as is.
Aesthetics may be irrelevant, but a steeper curve to the rim might be less
practical, also. The old Fortes with angles joints there all come apart to
some extent at the joint. My '06 Ibach is like that, with a steep angle
from the right side once the rim clears the keybed. Boat tail, floating
bass. Ummmmm, good.  Lovely treble, too. Time to go play, bye.

Guy