First images of Overs no. 6

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:08:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01C5E476.4EB229E0
First images of Overs no. 6Looks like a gem Ron. Hard maple beams, belly =
rail & rim - man, that's gotta be one heckuva solid foundation! One =
question though. A fish, or treble cut-off, may be used to reduce the =
area of soundboard in the treble area of an existing instrument. But if =
designing and building a piano from scratch, and knowing of the desired =
reduced-compared-to-traditional soundboard area in the treble, what =
reason would there be to build the rim to traditional dimensions and add =
a fish, rather than simply altering the shape of the rim during design & =
building to reflect the desired smaller treble soundboard area - and =
hence not needing a fish?

The only reason I can think of is "because pianos are supposed to look =
like that." And I suppose a rim adjusted to reflect the smaller treble =
soundboard area would inspire too many questions?

Sorry. Overactive mind......   :-?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  This week we completed fitting the bass corner cut-off and the treble =
cut-off to the case of piano no. 6 (the one we'll be bringing to the =
Rochester PTG convention next June). Please find below a reduced size =
version of an overhead image.

    Image showing the sound board cutoff sections, fitted to the case of =
the Overs 225 no.6, under construction.

  Thanks,
  Ron O.
--=20