Weirdest thought ... was Re: Hammer Rebuilding - In a pinch

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:16:40 -0600

Hi Alan,

Please don't use CA glue as a hammer hardener.  I haven't experimented with
the thin CA, but a little with the thick CA and accelerator.  It was a
nightmare.  It soaked in and solidified the whole hammer crown, and no
amount of voicing helped in the least.  Just like a hammer shaped block of
plastic with lots of holes in it.  I can only imagine that the thin CA glue
would be much worse.

And Alan, pepperoni pizza at 3 am does have a tendency to bring on strange
dreams and hallucinations!

Your friend,
David Vanderhoofven