leather bushings

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:10:37 -0500

That sounds like a weener, but where do I find veg-tanned leather as =
opposed to chromium-tanned leather?

Anyone know how the leather that Jurgen (Piano Forte Supply) sells is =
tanned?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

      If you use veg-tanned leather there is not a corrosion problem =
with the pins. Chromium tanned leathers are the corrosive culprits.=20
  Mike Morvan=20
  Blackstone Valley Piano
        We've considered leather bushings, but my understanding is that =
there can be a chemical reaction between the leather and the Yamaha =
brass key pins. I don't see that the supply houses offer plated/steel =
pins in the Yamaha size.