Kawai RX damper timing

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:52:18 -0600

I recently reviewed a Kawai RX for a local school district which
wanted to know, what if anything needed to be done to it?!

I found, among other things, something curious.  The damper timing
tapered from half hammer travel at the bottom of the long bridge to
circa one quarter hammer travel at C5.  Has anyone else encountered
this?  Is this a Kawai S.O.P. thing?

I had played it before and didn't notice anything, but, armed with
this info I played it again and thought it felt a little heavier than
Kawais usually do here, not badly so.

It was suggested that I should check the glide bolts on this puppy, and I will.

Andrew Anderson