Sharps knocking puzzler

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:56:24 -0500

    Here's one that took me 1 hour to figure out: =20
    Older upright (name not important).  Keys and action removed for =
repairs, cabinet sent to refinisher.  Piano returned home, I return to =
reassemble and tune.  Everything fine until I play and find that the =
inner ends of all the sharps hit the front of the open fallboard upon =
release.  Keyframe was not removed, same sharps refinished only.  I'm =
about to file the inner ends of all the sharps to make clearance until I =
finally see the light!  It took two minutes to correct them all.  What =
did I do?