and another first..

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:56:22 -0600

> ..just needing to vent..      ..I just answered the phone..at
> 7:02AM..and it was a one-time client from some time ago asking about my
> availability to come to her home TODAY to fix a sticky key..
>
> it's not going to be a good day..

I got one of these yesterday afternoon, wanting me to drive out of
town today to tune a piano at 4:00 (or so) for a Lou Rawls concert.
It apparently snuck up on them... somehow. First time customer, no
apparent organizational system, and no way of knowing what kind of
heap the piano is without committing and finding out on site and too
late, assuming someone would actually be there to let me in. With
visions of trying to patch up an aspiring crappie shelter with CA,
duct tape, and blood (minutes before the concert started), dancing
through my head, I passed. I have no idea why he called me, but I
get the impression he was going down the list hoping someone would
bite.

Back to the shop to clear off the table saw and make new lyre top
and bottom plates. Just as well, it doesn't look like I'll find
those lid hinges anyway.

We may not always win, but at least we get a chance to play once in
a while.

Ron N