and another first..

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:47:14 -0600

At 09:13 AM 11/3/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>At 07:25 AM 11/3/2005 -0500, you wrote:
> >>..just needing to vent..      ..I just answered the phone..at
>7:02AM..and
> >>it was a one-time client from some time ago asking about my
>availability
> >>to come to her home TODAY to fix a sticky key..
> >
> >>it's not going to be a good day..
>

> >Your "emergency" service call rate is what multiple of your regular??
> >;-}
>

>Hey, I like the concept. What would "reasonable and customary be??

Here at school, I have students and faculty send me preparation requests at
least 2 weeks in advance of the event. That time frame probably wouldn't
work in the real world. In fact, ANY fixed time frame may not work.

What came to mind is what I might dub the "replacement factor".

Assuming you have a full schedule of appointments already slated for that
day, you may have to cancel and/or try to reschedule an appointment to fit
in the "emergency".  The emergency fee should cover the lost revenue from
the one which got bumped (since there's no guarantee that the bumpee _will_
reschedule) PLUS your normal service call fee.

Remember the old saying, "Failure to plan ahead on your part does not
constitute an emergency on mine."

Remember also that you always have a full appointment book...

My 2¢ (plus service fee)

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.