Yamaha jumping jacks

Annie Grieshop annie@allthingspiano.com
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:04:01 -0600

Howdy Ric, et al.,

The jack tops did appear to be unreasonably close to the butts, which I
wondered about.  And, yes, the double-strikes are a soft-blow phenomenon.
But I could feel the hammers wobbling when I played before starting tuning,
and I'm not about to leave customers with that, even if they'd never
recognize (or probably even notice) the wobble.  I thought the jack return
springs looked pretty puny, but maybe looks are deceiving in this case.

When did Alan deal with these issues in older instruments?  I haven't seen
any such reply to my query, so I'm wondering whether I missed something (as
usual <g>).

Thanks!

Annie