Alan's Maxim and partial answer to: Puzzler for a rainySundayafternoon...

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:47:56 +0100

Hey there Alan

I see we are finally getting at what has really happened here... hehe.
No small wonder some of the middle innings got passed by... unless the
archives arent archiving everything (which seems to have happened on
occasion) there were'nt any middle innings.

But let me see if I have this right now.... You are saying that the jack
top was "not quite half a smidgeon"  high in relation to the rep-lever,
and that this condition alone was responsible for you not being able to
achieve any drop at all ?

Something doesnt seem to add up here :)... so'st I supposes I'll have to
take a look at my action model tomorrow and see if I can figure out what
exactly you are saying is happening.

Cheers
RicB

HiyaRicB ....

The adjustment was to lower the jack (raise the lever) not quite half a
smidgeon. Prior to that, the hammer would not drop no matter where I set
the drop screw. Very strange.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri