Chinese Puzzle

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:53:39 -0600

I have a fairly new Pearl River grand (Geo. Steck version). It's all =
messed
up with a 2 inch blow nestled comfortably in the felt, many hammer =
flanges
good for MAYBE 2-3 swings, let-off way to low and zilch drop on many
wippens. And that's as far as I've looked, so far. Oh, yeah, and the =
hammers
still cupped.
=20
So I'm basically doing a new piano prep--and a lot of =
shouldn't-be-necessary
work.
=20
Question for the more experienced with this sort of thing. With some =
serious
exercising, I can get another swing or two out of the hammer flanges but
can't get 5+. Should I just repin all the hammers (and whatever other
centers I find lacking) or should I try a giving it a lube job?
=20
What other suggestions might y'all have for wippen (NPI) this puppy into
shape?
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO