Piano Bench Height

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:44:38 -0500

Terry, 2 reasons come to mind for the height adjustment:

visual contact with the audience and a feel of more power to the keys
from a higher seat. Also, from personal experience, if there is another
keyboard where the music desk normally resides, the added height to the
seat is easier on the left arm than a seat at a conventional height. I
use to use a keyboard for Left Handed Bass when I played professionally,
and the added height to the seat helped all the factors I mentioned.

Former starving musician,

--
Phil Bondi,RPT
Bondi’s Piano Service