Piano Bench Height

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:34:32 -0500

I service a couple dozen grand pianos at frequent intervals that are =
played by professional pianist - Piano Bar-type settings. Each time I =
service the pianos (every two weeks), the adjustable benches are cranked =
all the way to the maximum height position (the top of the seat is maybe =
an inch below the bottom of the keybed). I crank the seat all the way =
down so my legs fit under the keybed so I can tune the darn thing - then =
two weeks later, the benches are always all the way up again.

Why does a piano player do this? Where do they put their legs? Maybe the =
players are really small people who sit Indian-style - but then how do =
they use the pedals?

What gives?

Terry Farrell