was flat facts

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:01:51 +0200

Conrad

Yes, I remember the many pitch discussions with BB and the rest of
them.  To float or not to float.... :)   So anyways... seems like your
instrument over those last few tunings was quite pitch stable despite 40
% ~ swings in RH. Usual enough I suppose in oldies.  I started keeping
track of that kind of data for a while myself but ended up deciding it
was a lot of data that in the end was not much use.

I mean...  we <<know>> that RH variation is not a particularilly good
thing for pianos, we have some fairly easy explanations of why for
customers to listen to, and we sell a fair amount of climate control
schemes out there in the world, and well.... what else is there to do
about it ?  One ends up having to deal with it anyways if yer gets my
meaning.

Still, fun to toss around musings on the subject.

Cheers
RicB

RicB,

I have humidity numbers back to '91, but didn't record pitch of the A (as
found) until I got my RCT.

Yes, I always aim for  =temp - 440.00Hz. [remember our discussions w/BB?] ;-}