Brackets for bench repair?

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:45:23 -0600

I am not sure if they are the same but I get my corner bench brackets =
from Woodworkers Supply for the benches that I build.  They work very =
well.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, piano benches, writing =
instruments
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:54 PM
  Subject: Brackets for bench repair?

  Speaking of metal benches has reminded my friend Isaac Sadigursky that =
he routinely repairs benches by using Kimball's brackets, but he can't =
find them anymore.  Is there anyone in Indiana near their factory who =
might help find them?  He says Kimball is mainly making heavy-duty =
office furniture these days, and they still use those brackets for their =
desks.

  They have a bigger surface area, and so they bite into a fresh spot on =
the rail.  This is a perfect solution for those irreplacable benches =
that are custom-built to match a certain piano.

  Isaac says that Yamaha Japanese benches are built with those same =
brackets, but again, he can't get them as replacement parts. =20

  Any ideas for sources?

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV