Always Something New!

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:43:00 -0800

" Today, I was working on an old Baldwin grand (# 6030, I think) and
discovered
> it had 6/0 pins! "

Wait til you run into a "piano" with 7/0 pins!<G> I have one client with =
a Square Grand with such. The real problem, initially, was that I had =
forgotten to bring my "antique tools" to the job. The job was about 40 =
miles up in the "puckerbrush", away from any civiilization, and 60+ =
miles away from home! Yikes! Fortunately, they have two pianos, so I =
tuned the one with regular tuning pins, etc. and made a "reschedule" for =
the 7/0 beast. Even with my "Antique #4 Tuning Tip", it was just =
"lovely" trying to get a clean unison! grrrr! This sort of thing makes =
me want to grab the perp by the throat and throttle the life out of =
them! End of short rant.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police