key leveling seat

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:47:13 -0400

I have seen mechanics seats on wheels, with adjustable height seats. Actually looks like the spin top, old piano stool, not the roll type thing they lie on.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barbara Richmond
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:19 PM
  Subject: key leveling seat

  Hey Jon,

  Here's my version, not quite as inventive as yours!  I'm short so I can sit higher.  Anyway, it's great for damper work as well.  If I take it into a customer's home where there are fancy hardwood, marble or tile floors, I put baby socks on the "feet" so I'm not in danger of scratching the floor as I scoot along.  (Do you like the Matchbox cars parked behind the lyre?--courtesy of my 8 year old son.)

  The desk chair mat is there to prolong the life of the piano bench.  I purchased it after I had to reassemble the bench.

  Happy leveling.

  Barbara Richmond