Flat Fact

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:05:49 -0600

On Mar 27, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Don wrote:

> I'll send you all the Lester spinets to tune then--seeing as you don't
> love
> tiny Yamaha pianos. *grin*

I don't mind Lesters. Lots of Betsy Ross spinets in this part of the
world. I'd tune a Lester instead of a GA-1 any day of the week. Really.
(How's that for an insult to the GA-1?)

> How do these tiny pianos react when they have a humidity control system
> with bottom cover?

Don't know. I have a long-time customer, a public school vocal music
teacher, that now has a GA-1 that replaced her Acrosonic. The piano
gets so bad that her family at intervals forbids its use until she can
get me out to tune. I know I'm supposed to make cracks about how this
piano is an opportunity for me to sell climate control and frequent
regular tunings, but frankly, IMHO, the piano is an embarrassment to
the industry and shouldn't exist. Sometimes you gotta take a stand.

Kent