was flat facts

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:51:13 -0500

I don't really buy into the "tuning pin turns" theory.

How they can one explain a 100 year old Kimball upright (real beater - all
original) I have tuned twice - both times in the summer when AC is running
and humidity is very constant in homes. This piano had moderate-to-minimal
tuning pin torque (no pins were real snug/tight). The first tuning was
August 2001. I raised the pitch 200 cents and tuned it. The second tuning
was August 2004 - I only tuned it because the piano was right up to pitch!

Terry Farrell