DAG vs. 1708

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:47:21 -0600

> Ron,
>
> 150 grit, really?  That's the finest you sand the top of the bridge?
>
> Man, I guess I'm going overboard going to 600 grit, yes?
>
> Live and Learn, they say.
>
> Respectfully,
> William R. Monroe

William,
Well, I don't see how a finer grit sanding would improve
performance, and the cosmetic difference is something I, at least,
wouldn't notice, so yea - 150 grit. It's probably just a character
flaw, but I find it difficult to spend lots of time and energy on
something that offers no detectable benefit at the end. I resent not
spending the time on something more useful. I try to have reasons
for doing things a certain way (or not doing them a certain way),
and spend the bulk of my efforts on the big things that I think will
make the most difference. Even at that, there's plenty of dreary
detail work left. Some folks like the microscopic stuff that no one
will ever be aware of. I'd rather play with power tools. <G>
Ron N