DAG vs. 1708

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:56:34 +1100

>My first experience with a dagless bridge was when I observed Ron
>Overs Piano in Reno.
>
>Being ever the greenhorn, I asked him about it, and the response was
>something like: It's not necessary.
>
>That's why I attend conventions..to ask greenhorn questions like that.
>
>-Phil Bondi(Fl)

Hi Phil and all,

And we're still building bridges without anything else but bridge
pins on top. The only difference between Reno and now is that we are
using round topped bridge pins and the holes are now drilled slightly
deeper than the pin. The pins are fitted using West System as the
driving fluid . We feel that the glue helps to reduce any tendency to
falseness, while the glue helps to moisture seal the pin hole. And
yes, the pins can be pulled with vise grips. We checked a few samples
before committing to the practice just to check that we weren't
creating a nightmare for some rebuilder 30 years on.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers