Bergman upright action problems

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:28:06 -0500

"Since it obviously worked when new"

Why would that be obvious?

Terry Farrell
  I had a problem with a console piano that was similar.  I put small =
jiffy leads on the back of the keys.  Solved the problem.   BUTTTTT, now =
several years later I think it may have been tight action centers on the =
whippen.  Since it obviously worked when new, I doubt that drying out of =
the keys would cause that much of a problem, but if the whippen flange =
were creating drag the whippen would not be free enough to push the back =
of the key down.  Just a few grams of friction would cause that problem.

  Carl Meyer