Bergman upright action problems

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:53:11 -0800

I had a problem with a console piano that was similar.  I put small =
jiffy leads on the back of the keys.  Solved the problem.   BUTTTTT, now =
several years later I think it may have been tight action centers on the =
whippen.  Since it obviously worked when new, I doubt that drying out of =
the keys would cause that much of a problem, but if the whippen flange =
were creating drag the whippen would not be free enough to push the back =
of the key down.  Just a few grams of friction would cause that problem.

Carl Meyer PTG assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pierre Gevaert=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Bergman upright action problems

  En principe c'est possible  Pierrot
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
    To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
    Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:39 AM

    Bruce,

    The problem is that there is too much weight in the front of the =
keys for the weight of the action and spring tension combined to push =
the key back into place no matter how much lost motion I take out of it =
(I removed all I should have needed to and then some).  This is not a =
garden variety regulation problem, unfortunately. =20

    Dave Stahl

    In a message dated 3/22/05 9:13:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, =