FW: Answer to an Anonymous Lurking Newbie

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:49:11 -0600

This came to me privately, thought I'd answer out loud tho, as others =
might
benefit:=20
=20
"...I've been taking the Potter course, and have been lurking on the
piano-tech list for some time now.  I will try to keep this short, I =
always
enjoy reading your post, and would like to ask you something ... I know
basic questions on the list tend to get smart ass remarks from some! =
(WHO,
US???, Ed) ... I'm trying to get a proficient tool kit set up for the =
field,
and would like to here what you think would be a must have on the =
job!!!!
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thanks in advance!!!"       =

=20
Well I'm not sure you've asked the right person! My modus operendi, so =
far,
has been to blow bucks on every tool that comes down the pike ... then =
have
quite a collection of stuff I never use! I think ol' Randy even warned =
about
that in his course, but it didn't stop me.
=20
Let's take it in stages:
=20
How long have you been involved? Are you "out there" tuning? What is =
your
plan, e.g., to be a field tuner, do rebuilding, etc?
=20
This topic comes up now and again on the list. You're right, though, if =
you
had asked, someone would likely have said "check the archives." Have you
done that? They are located at HYPERLINK
"https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/attachments/9c/41/21/9e/attachment.htm