Tuning Service Forms you can print at home

Greg Graham grahampianos@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:41:02 -0800 (PST)

Continuing the thread on "Billing Slips", I have
attached several Microsoft Excel and Word files with
forms I pieced together from PTG Journal articles and
other examples.  You can personalize these and print
them on your home printer, or send them to a print
shop if you want carbonless two or three part forms.

Constructive comments for improvement are welcome.

I print the Excel client card (front and back) on card
stock, three ring punched, which I keep.

I fill out the tuning checksheet as a receipt for the
customer.  I print these on my letterhead.  Someday,
I'll reduce the size to half-page and get two part
carbonless form versions printed, but not today.

The open form invoice is for schools or churches with
multiple instruments, or for miscellaneous billing.
Like the checksheet, I print this on my letterhead.

The Time Card and Materials Card follows each project
through my shop, and is for my eyes only.  They are an
attempt to stay organized and help me with future
pricing.

The Repair estimate form is printed on my letterhead,
and is handy for on-the-spot written estimates.  If it
is something more major, I use this document as
"background" in Word, and type in the particulars on
top without messing up the form.  The address box fits
my window envelopes for mailing.

The Appraisal form is based on the Guidelines document
(which is for my eyes only) paraphrased here from the
Wim Blees May'04 Journal article.

I don't claim any of this as my original work.  It all
came from other people.  I just typed it in my own
font to match my own "company graphic standards".

I carry a few copies of each and a few envelopes in a
folder in my tool kit.

Perhaps posting these in Word and Excel format here on
the Pianotech archive will save someone some typing.
(I wish someone would do the same for the "Five
Lectures" text!)

(ps: Say hello if you see me at the MARC in Bethlehem
next month.)

Greg Graham
PTG Associate
Brodheadsville, PA