Drat the Luck...

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:58:28 -0500

Just when I thought things were starting to look up, being at the end of my
first
Ecsaine/Corfam replacement, I encountered my first Kimball La Petite. (Not
bad, 30+ years unscathed).

A brief scouring through the archives didn't shed light on how to
reconfigure the repetition spring.
They are extremely strong. Many reps have each arm of the spring riding the
wood.

The spring is not pinned into the rep lever support post, so they can be
easily removed
for bending (reconfiguring) and pre-tensioning.

Are there any words of wisdom (besides running) to reduce my experimentation?

I'll be tapering the untapered hammers as well to reduce touchweight and
accommodate
a lighter tension.  The backchecks are 5mm too high and the hammers leap
out of them
hitting the strings. More to fix.

BTW, I am not the one graced with that Haines action, it was an inquiry
from an MMDer.

Looks like I'll be springing into Spring,

Regards,

Jon Page