New Baldwin

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:15:14 -0500

Tom S. wrote:
"How about another client who has an 8 yr old Baldwin grand who has a =
negative crown or positive downbearring throughout the soundboard. =
Baldwin has informed them that they are not honoring any of those =
warranties."

I had a new Steinway with the exact same circumstances (full =
quarter-inch reverse crown). Stenway wouldn't do anything because their =
opinion was that there was nothing wrong with the piano.

Terry Farrell

> Geeeeze Don....lighten up! Take a walk, get some fresh air!
> There's plenty of room for criticism with regards to this particular =
company=20
> due to their own demise from once a  a pretty darn good product to =
where=20
> they are struggling today. Do I wish them harm...heck no. I wish them =
all=20
> the best. In fact I hope to someday see them back near the top where =
they=20
> once shared market space with the finest manufactures in the world. =
They=20
> still have strong potential to be great  and I wish them all the best. =
 .
>    However, their demise is their own doing and whether or not I stand =
on=20
> the sidelines pretending to being a good cheerleader or not won't =
effect a=20
> darn thing. Maybe I have sour grapes due to a recent situation with a =
client=20
> who recently purchased a Baldwin F grand which was delivered with =
multiple=20
> problems, one being a touchweight of over 70 grams (downweight) AND =
they=20
> paid the full retail price AND the factory nor the dealer would have=20
> anything to do with correcting any of the issues .  Out of respect and =

> concern for my  client I donated the my own time and money to correct =
the=20
> problems.
> How about another client who has an 8 yr old Baldwin grand who has a=20
> negative crown or positive downbearring throughout the soundboard. =
Baldwin=20
> has informed them that they are not honoring any of those warranties.
>  How about the 10s of thousands of $$ they owe the brotherhood of =
dedicated=20
> technicians out there who diligently did ( and are doing) their =
warranty=20
> claims...which incidentally have a low chance of being paid back, =
including=20
> the $1800 they owe me.
> Do I wish there to be one less? It depends what you mean "one less". =
One=20
> less manufacturer who honors their product and honors their commitment =
to=20
> their customer. Or one less manufacturer who is not honoring their=20
> commitments and warranties to the customer.  If it's one in the later=20
> category, then one less would be better. Put yourself in the shoes of =
a=20
> customer on the bad end of one of these deals.
>     As far as what your perception of what this list represents, it=20
> represents all piano related topics, points of views, ideas, technical =

> ideas, and even folks like yourself who want to play self appointed =
Opinion=20