Bridge Notching Chisels

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:56:21 -0600

> I find it doesn't really matter that much as long as they're sharp, and
> I mean really sharp--shaving instruments sharp!
>
> David Love

Shaving sharp is basic. Next is trying whatever you can think of,
and/or whatever you have available to find a chisel type and
bevel/counter bevel that feels right to you. The rule is, there
ain't no rule. It's whatever you can find, modify, or produce that
pares your notch to your standards. It's an individual feel thing.
Sometimes, you just have to do your own research, and this is one of
those times. Or you could build a power notcher and let the chisels
hang.

Ron N