New Baldwin

Tom Servinsky tompiano@bellsouth.net
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:10:37 -0500

Geeeeze Don....lighten up! Take a walk, get some fresh air!
There's plenty of room for criticism with regards to this particular company
due to their own demise from once a  a pretty darn good product to where
they are struggling today. Do I wish them harm...heck no. I wish them all
the best. In fact I hope to someday see them back near the top where they
once shared market space with the finest manufactures in the world. They
still have strong potential to be great  and I wish them all the best.  .
   However, their demise is their own doing and whether or not I stand on
the sidelines pretending to being a good cheerleader or not won't effect a
darn thing. Maybe I have sour grapes due to a recent situation with a client
who recently purchased a Baldwin F grand which was delivered with multiple
problems, one being a touchweight of over 70 grams (downweight) AND they
paid the full retail price AND the factory nor the dealer would have
anything to do with correcting any of the issues .  Out of respect and
concern for my  client I donated the my own time and money to correct the
problems.
How about another client who has an 8 yr old Baldwin grand who has a
negative crown or positive downbearring throughout the soundboard. Baldwin
has informed them that they are not honoring any of those warranties.
 How about the 10s of thousands of $$ they owe the brotherhood of dedicated
technicians out there who diligently did ( and are doing) their warranty
claims...which incidentally have a low chance of being paid back, including
the $1800 they owe me.
Do I wish there to be one less? It depends what you mean "one less". One
less manufacturer who honors their product and honors their commitment to
their customer. Or one less manufacturer who is not honoring their
commitments and warranties to the customer.  If it's one in the later
category, then one less would be better. Put yourself in the shoes of a
customer on the bad end of one of these deals.
    As far as what your perception of what this list represents, it
represents all piano related topics, points of views, ideas, technical
ideas, and even folks like yourself who want to play self appointed Opinion
Police, deciding on what should or should not be part of the list.  I
respect your opinion and hopefully you'll come around respect other's
opinions as well. THAT'S what this list is about.  A manufacturer who has
failed to honor warranties and not pay out warranty fees is legitimate fair
game and is very pertinent to this body, with or with our expressed
approval.
I apologize if my outburst of sarcasms  hit a nerve with you but my opinion
is what it is.
Flamesuit on!.
Tom Servinsky