low drop screw symptom

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:00:30 -0600

> I am replacing the shanks but now I thinking about
> trying a different shank with a bigger knuckle if I
> can find the same dimension from the center pin.  I
> hate not having the original parts to reference.

A bigger knuckle can't do anything other than making it necessary to
have an even longer drop screw. Consider the geometry. It's the
wrong direction for the problem. Heel height and capstan height will
have no relationship whatsoever to this. None whatsoever. If the
bore distance is correct (verifiable by measurement), and the action
spread seems to be usable, a smaller knuckle or an addition in
thickness to the drop screw pad on the rep lever will get you in the
ballpark. Consider what's there and the likely result of geometric
changes.

Ron N