Jar of Water in Piano--Truth or myth?

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:17:53 -0500

What is all this talk of putting cans of water in a piano? That's just like
putting a heating rod in there with no humidistat (only opposite). Just not
a good idea at all. Humidify and/or dehumidify the piano or the whole room
with proper equipment and some type of appropriate humidistat controller.
Damp-Chaser makes some good equipment.

Geesh. I though we had come that far in this industry.

Can these practices actually work? I suppose they can to some extent - but
you've got no control. And if it is too humid in the room a nice roaring
fire next to the piano will dry it out quite nice!

Terry Farrell