Jar of Water in Piano--Truth or myth?

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:07:58 +1200 (NZST)

>       The evaporation from a small standing jar of water might be a quart
> in a season.

I must agree that a damp-chaser would be better, but for someone without
any money, they do whatever is best compared to doing nothing.  I keep
thinking there has to be a way to wick the water out faster.  Every time I
come up with another idea, it is an improvement, but still not as good as
I would like.  My next idea is to heat the water...?  I have a submersible
heater for a fish tank & am using that to see what happens.  The problem
with this is that, if it works, we are now getting into more money again.
I'll let you know if it works, anyway.  ;)

If someone has money, I always recommend the damp-chaser because it works
and is consistent.  If someone doesn't have money, I just keep trying to
come up with new ideas, or see what ideas they can come up with.  ;)
Humidifying the room is always a good idea, if it's not too big of a room.

...frustrated in WV,
mags