Overpulling a Steinway

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:10:23 -0500

I suppose anything is possible. Someone else tuned it since you. You =
have no idea what they did. I wouldn't try to make any conclusions about =
anything here except to conclude that you can't make any conclusions.

Terry Farrell
             Is it possible that I pulled this one Steinway console over =
pitch when I did a pitch raise last year? When I left the piano last =
March I had it up to A-440, and when I went back this year it was 8-9 =
beats sharp across the board.  Is it possible the thing could have =
"crept up"???=20
             The owner told me that she had someone else in to tune it =
in September again. I think the other tuner over pulled it, but am not =
so sure about that. Since Steinways are notoriously "friction" pianos =
maybe all the notes' tension "equalized" between the da capo and the =
pin, causing it to sharpen acros the board.=20

  Julia,=20
  Reading, PA