Sticking w/ Your Favorite Glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:07:13 -0600

> I could find nothing that said "white glue only". I would think wood
> molding glue would be good.
>

> Kent

That would be PVA, and I'd take that over Elmers any day. I did a
post-delivery prep on a new S&S B last week. Instead of the usual
hide glue, the hammers on this one were hung with what looked muchly
like PVA. One is now secured with Titebond. We don't have a
surviving Steinway dealer here (they all starved), so I don't see
many right out of the box ones these days. When was the switch made?