Sticking w/ Your Favorite Glue

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:10:52 -0600

Thanks Kent. I'll just bring my whole little green bag: The one labeled
"Glues & Screws"

Personal: Did you get my email re: testing in KC area prior to Nat'l? Also,
I ordered a hammer from your machinist buddy yesterday ... Figure it will be
a nice switch-off from the Mac truck I mostly use (Jahn ball-end extension).

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Kent Swafford
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:04 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Sticking w/ Your Favorite Glue

Sure, but as we type, this rule is under discussion on the Examination
and Test Standards Committee. Stay tuned.
____

The rule currently says,
PLEASE NOTE:  USE OF “SUPER GLUES” IS PROHIBITED

Proposed addition:
Due to time constraints on the exam, the use of very slow setting glues
can be problematic.

Also proposed:
NOTE:  You will need to provide your own tools and supplies for the
jobs listed below (including glue and stringing wire)
____

I could find nothing that said "white glue only". I would think wood
molding glue would be good.

Kent