Hallet Davis Pedigree

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:27:55 EST

In a message dated 3/16/05 7:39:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dempsey@marshall.edu writes:

I am  seeing a private client early next week who has a small new
Hallet-Davis  Grand. Do any of you know of these pianos, where are they
manufactured, by  whom, etc. What's the skinny??

I have a few smaller grands that I work on.  They are not too bad for  the
price.  They are Chinese, and I think they're made by Dongbei, though I  think
it depends on the year.

The thing I find annoying is the amount of action noise.  It seems  that they
use denser felt on all the regulation buttons and backrail cloth, and  the
knuckles are kinda hard.  I wouldn't want a knuckle sandwich made out  of
them....:-}

Dave Stahl