Weber action self-destruction

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:29:50 -0600

At 07:41 3/17/2005, you wrote:
>   I'm hoping that when we finally get the
>brackets,  the action will still slide out from under the pinblock.

If the brackets have grown to that point by the time the courts have done
their thing, hmmm... what to do...

Since there is no reason to save the brackets-on-steroids...

I think I'd lower the hammers until they are sitting on the rests, reach
through the strings with a long (thin) screwdriver and loosen the screws on
the back feet of the brackets and then take a hammer and cold chisel and
break the front legs.  This should allow the stack to tilt down to clear
the block without pulling the back screws out or popping off hammers.

my 2¢

Others will, no doubt, have better ideas.

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, IA

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
It's gone right now and didn't leave a forwarding address.