Yamaha U1

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:01:48 -0500

I am not an expert on this, but I have heard that US version Yamaha
verticals have birdseye style hammer butts, while those for other counties
still use the plates with screws.

Again, I don't know this for a fact, but could somebody confirm this
difference?

Jerry Cohen, RPT
NJ Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of V T
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:10 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Yamaha U1

Jere,

Try this Yamaha web site.  It may not have the most
recent numbers though.

http://www.yamaha.com/pianoserials/index.asp

Newer gray market Yamahas have three pedals.  Some
older ones get converted to three pedals for sale in
the US. It is possible to find almost new gray market
pianos as well.  Some gray market models have a "quiet
play" feature that lowers the volume for practicing in
apartments.

I have not been able to find any important differences
between the gray market models and the US models,
except that Yamaha USA will not sell you parts for the
gray market models.

Vladan