That's mice

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:03:22 EST

In a message dated 3/16/05 7:14:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sarah@graphic-fusion.com writes:

I'm similarly afflicted (soft heart for critters) and was  delighted to find
a humane mouse trap made by Woodstream.  I think  it would be excellent for
trapping inside a piano.  I found mine at  Lowe's.  It has a very clever design
with a one-way aluminum door.   The mouse walks in, and it can't walk back
out.  No snapping parts or  anything.  It's self-resetting, and some versions of
the trap will catch  many, many mice before filling up.  (Caveat for the
kind-hearted:   Multiple mice trapped in this thing might fight with each other,
perhaps even  to the death.)  The top slides off of the thing for an easy
release --  preferably in the woods somewhere.  Mice shouldn't be left in it any
longer than necessary, so it should be checked every morning.  Another  caution:
 Mice can sometimes get very wet inside the trap from urine,  body moisture,
etc.  In such a situation, they are prone to exposure when  released in very
cold weather.  So trapping should only be done the night  before a day with
warmer, dry weather.   (DAMHIK)

I'm a softy as well.  The woman actually trapped the mice and released  them
outside.  Unfortunately, her house is pretty dirty, and  cluttered.  She has
alot of birdseed in  the house.  In such  conditions, the mice will continue to
come back.  I honestly don't think  she minds sharing the domicile with a
mouse, but not the inside of her  piano!

Thanks for the info!

Dave S.