Yamaha U1

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:00:21 EST

In a message dated 3/16/05 8:44:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jerefryett@hotmail.com writes:

Today I  was tuning a new yamaha U1 and I began to wonder if this was a grey
market  piano.  How does one tell?  There was a stamp on it that said "Made
in Japan".  And if this is a grey market piano, what should one be  looking
for in regard to future servicing?

Jere,

If it's a new piano, it isn't gray market.  Gray market pianos are  second
hand, usually imported from Japan.  Sometimes they're in good shape,  sometimes
not.

Dave Stahl